The Ferret Nook Ferret Shelter
phone: (608) 423-3315
Steps to Adopt - -
1. Read books, articles, magazines, research online about ferrets & their needs.
2. Fill out and submit our online application, or email us for a hard copy.
3. Give us 48 hours to review and do a background check on your application.
4. Call (608) 423-3315 to set up an appointment.
5. An initial visit/interview is required, then a second visit to sign the contract and pick up your ferret.
ferrets require . . .
1. Daily out of cage, supervised play
2. Annual veterinary checkups and vaccinations
3. Clean, comfortable cage with hammocks, sleep sacks, cubes, etc.
4. Premium, high quality ferret food and fresh water on a daily basis
5. Human interaction, love and affection
Things to think about before adopting
. . .
. . .
1. Does a ferret fit my lifestyle? Now and when/if my lifestyle changes?
2. Does my landlord allow ferrets?
3. Is the ferret(s) a household decision? And if my relationship changes, can I make sure that my ferret(s) is also welcome?
4. Am I financially and emotionally prepared if my ferret gets a serious illness or has an accident?
5. Will I still want my ferret when the “newness” wears off and when my ferret slows down with old age (or illness)?
Ferret Nook Ferrets that have Found Forever Homes.
This site is hosted
Site design by Sara Landolt
Please send comments and questions